What makes of car batteries are there in South Africa?
All e-CAR workshops specialise in BOSCH car batteries
In no particular order
- Midas (Exide)
- Varta (German) (Energiser)
- SABAT (Autozone)
- Exide (Midas)
- Autozone (Sabat)
- Energiser (VARTA)
- AtlasBX (Tiger Wheel & Tyre)
- Blue Storm
Steps to take for making a good purchase on a battery for your car:
- Learn what battery size you need for your car’s make and model
- Pick the correct size and type of battery for your driving needs
- Look for a battery that has been on the store shelf for less than six months
- Learn about “cold cranking amps” and “cranking amps”
- Inform yourself about reserve capacity for the batteries that are in stock
- Search for the difference between maintenance free and low maintenance batteries
Give our workshops a call for an appropriate BOSCH battery for your vehicle.
PS. Make sure to have your regulator on the alternator checked as this can damage a new battery if faulty.